REACH YOUR HORIZON:
Experiential learning for the adventurous leader.
YOU KNOW YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO LEAD YOUR TEAM TO GREATNESS, BECAUSE YOU SEE THEIR INDIVIDUAL POTENTIAL.
Now you’re ready to:
- Organize your crew for maximum efficiency.
- Take the helm to navigate away from your comfort zone into uncharted territory.
- Journey to destinations most haven't even dreamed were possible!
Maybe you've tried:
- Reading business books about getting from here to there… but finding it too general.
- Asking other executives what they do… but the advice isn’t all that relevant.
- Hiring traditional team-building speakers… only to feel let down by the actual impact on your team.
If you've tried it all but still feel you’re getting nowhere, I’ll let you in on a little secret: Most of the hazards of sailing are found closest to harbor.
That’s where you’re most likely to hit an obstacle. Once out of harbor, the horizon opens up and you can make space to breathe.
The same is true in business -- once you’ve made your plans and preparations, and reached “proof of concept,” you’ll be ready for time away -- for deeper introspection and to savor the rewards of earlier efforts.
Having built not one but two successful service businesses in the Front Range of Colorado, working with groups of technical experts, I know the challenges and pitfalls of working with teams.
And having sailed in seas worldwide with my family members as first mates and cabin buddies, I’ve learned a thing or two about navigating communications challenges. (Extended time in close quarters = where personal growth opportunities abound!)
That’s why I developed this sailing coaching practice.
I see so many parallels between business and sailing. I want to transfer some of the lessons I’ve learned to you.
I designed these programs to help you discover the kinks in the ropes of your daily challenges, in a fun and novel way.
What if instead of hosting breakout sessions, you hosted a trip to break away from it all?
Like most of us, you and your crew could probably benefit from learning additional best practices around interpersonal relationships.
In the real-world, physically demanding setting of sailing, you’ll quickly build trust, develop loyalty, and discover new perspectives while working toward a unified goal.
Challenges that arise when sailing with your crew will mirror those at your workplace. Stretch goals present themselves in a snap.
On the ship’s deck, you’ll notice your crew’s hidden talents and strengths -- insights hardly ever found sitting in dull conference room.
SET SAIL ON THE OPEN SEA ...
FEEL THE OCEAN BREEZES IN YOUR HAIR ...
YOUR HANDS ON THE HELM OF THE BOAT ...
DURING THE NAUVATIS SAILING PROGRAMS, I'LL GUIDE YOU THROUGH:
- Learning the ropes - 3 day or 5 day program, entry level
- Becoming the skipper - 1 week trip
- Team immersion - 1 to 3 week trip
- Advanced Skill Workshop - 1 to 3 week trip
- Second Wind - 1 to 2 week trip for men
- What's next? - over 1 week trip
IN THIS MODULE, YOU'LL GAIN AN N-DEPTH LOOK AT MY PROPRIETARY:
5 KEYS TO TEAM HARMONY
1 Become the role model you want to be, leading from a calm, secure and authentic place.
2 Embrace your team’s needs, lead with care, generating results with a multiplier effect.
3 Learn to co-create solutions, and embrace feedback from your juniors that improves the project and expands capacity.
4 Communicate in a way that is clear, concise, and gets things done more effectively.
5 Coach and develop others so that their commitment to stay with you grows.
PLUS, THE SAILING PROGRAMS TEACH YOU, IN SUCCESSION:
- How to sail, “live” on the water with an expert coach.
- How to advance any existing sailing skills.
- Leadership lessons through my Skipper for a Day™ methodology
- How to build serious teamwork skills by navigating experiential challenges in real time, on the water, using the 5 Keys™.
WHEN YOU SAIL WITH ME, HERE'S WHAT YOU GET:
A Multi Day Retreat away from daily demands.
Real-time “on-the-job” sailing lessons that you can use for a lifetime.
Team building exercises and powerful relevant communication lessons for business.
The attention-getting, points-earning, enriching experience of a lifetime for you and your crew.
Workbooks, templates, checklists, Training videos, Journal prompts.
Your own Trello progress board.
Group coaching while onboard.
Access to 2 private coaching sessions, before and after the journey.
Access to ask me follow-up questions by email and text.
I'M SO READY TO SET SAIL! HOW DO WE GET STARTED?
Read the following section to see if this is the right fit for you.
Then email [email protected] to inquire about the future trip schedule or custom-made corporate bookings.
SAILING COACHING IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- You want to learn to sail.
- You want to improve your sailing skills.
- You want to introduce sailing skills to your team as part of a corporate retreat.
- You’re a C-suite exec or self-made entrepreneur who loves adventure
- If you’re known to NOT be claustrophobic or prone to seasickness.
- You are called to an experience outside of your normal way of life.
- You are comfortable with being uncomfortable.
AS SAND PASSES THROUGH AN HOURGLASS, TIME DRIFTS AWAY IF WE LET IT.
ARE YOU READY TO SEIZE THIS OPPORTUNITY FOR ADVENTURE?
TO ANSWER YOUR CALL TO GREATNESS?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I’m busy. How much time will this require of me?
Am I at the right level to be a good fit for this program?
I’ll do this when I have a bigger budget
I can’t afford this right now, do you have any other ways to work with you?
I’m scared this won’t work for me.
“Erik Holmberg is a person with global perspective and compelling insight into what brings happiness into a person's life. He helped align my priorities and bring focus to my goals. I highly recommend Erik for coaching and offering clarity. “